Monday, April 5, 2010

Adventureland at Hong Kong Disneyland

Is Everyone ready for a backwards tour of Adventureland at Hong Kong Disneyland? I say backwards because I'm posting the pictures as I took them entering from the Fantasyland side all the way back out to then hub. Off the top of my head I can't think of another park where you can go directly from Fantasy to Adventure. Usually there is a Frontier or a "Western" in the middle somewhere.
Very similar to Adventureland signs you see in Walt Disney World also the font here is more pointy around the edges. That's a technical term. 

Here is Hong Kong's version of the Liki-Tikis or Leaky-Tikis, I wanted to get individual pictures, but I didn't want to get wet. This seemed strange and out of place as it was kind of in the middle of no where between the Jungle Cruise and nothing. It also made me sad that there was no Enchanted Tiki Room here. 

You my friends are looking at the only merchandise store in the vast empty expanse that is Hong Kong Disneyland's Adventureland. They really decided to go light on the buildings in this one. Get ready for one of the only other establishments in Adventureland: 

Here's the River View Cafe a table service restaurant across from the Jungle Cruise. This is the 5th and final building in Adventureland you can get a set meal here, which involves delicious curry! One of the fun things about this besides its Animal Kingdom like theming is the window on the left is the only window in Adventureland to be adorn with a name. That name is of course Harper Goff who helped create the Jungle Cruise along with many other famous Disney attractions. 

I attempted to get a closer look, but I failed you still can't read it. I tried everything to get it to come out, but it wouldn't. 

Here's some of the fun rock work and waterfalls near the entrance to Adventureland. Also notice in the distance Chip & Dale being adventurous and posing with tourists! This shot gives you a feel for kind of what Adventureland is like to walkthrough, it's much different from any space in any other Magic Kingdom. By Different I really mean empty. 

This bridge helps lead back to the hub. 

Here's the back of the "Adventureland" sign with some fun tribal masks! 

I just wanted to show the Adventureland lamps. Here they are complicated Bamboo structures. 

Here we are! Back at the Hub! This is the Adventureland entrance a very different entrance from Disneyland. Which I miss. 

Anyway that's all from Adventureland folks! Be sure to join us next time as we tromp through Town Square in Hong Kong Disneyland! 

Follow me on twitter at @mfeige or @goldenmickeys

No comments:

Post a Comment